Psychological Astrology and the Twelve Houses

If you have any books you would like to recommend, please do so here.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Psychological Astrology and the Twelve Houses

Post by Noel Eastwood »

by Noel Eastwood
Edited by Maria Pocsai-Faglin
Pub: June 2015

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Psychological-Ast ... 025&sr=1-2

"I was very excited to read his book because it takes on some intensely personal subject matter from a psychological perspective, which Noel is uniquely qualified to write about, since he is that rare combination (that I wish we had more of in the astrological world), a practicing psychologist and astrologer. His areas of expertise are Jungian and archetypal psychology, astrology, Tarot, and Taoist meditation, so he's well-versed in the realms of the psyche. My first impression, once I got started reading, is that this book is an ideal blend of serious subject matter handled with respect for the reader, with just enough astrologese for the basic-to-medium-advanced astrology student. Noel does not overwhelm you with the level of detail that is automatically off-putting for the beginner. You won't be scared picking up this book, in other words, if you aren't an astrology expert. This is book is for the person who (in my opinion) would be dissatisfied with the superficial or cookbook style astrology book and is looking for something that goes deeper, that explains the pieces of the self we don't usually discuss, even in the astrological world, but most people who want to understand their own (and others') psychology wish could be discussed with some depth and understanding of what's really going on in our psyches as expressed through our natal charts. Speaking as a professional astrologer, I personally got the most out of the very end of the book, where Noel discusses 'houses as psychological defenses.' If you read this book for nothing else, get it for the series of meditations Noel asks you to do; those on their own are very valuable (and I would suggest keeping a journal as you go, to capture your responses). A valuable book for the person looking for psychological self-awareness. You can see my full review here: http://beyondthestarsastrology.com/2016 ... -eastwood/ " Alison Gunn

"Psychological Astrology and the Twelve Houses" will surprise you, whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned professional: Noel Eastwood is a psychologist astrologer who approaches astrology as an altered state of consciousness. He walks you through the houses of the natal chart like a good travel guide who knows that sightseeing is not enough to make a journey memorable, you need to experience the place for yourself: meet the locals in small cafés, discover hidden fountains and secret gardens.

This is a practice-oriented work, Noel takes every opportunity to demonstrate how astrological symbolism translates into the personality of an individual. He picked four well-known figures to illustrate the process of analysis on their charts: Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton, Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift.

What makes this book truly unique, however, is an invitation to meet your astrological archetypes. To show where such an inner journey can take you, Noel shares his personal meditations as if you were reading his private travel diary.
applesubho

Re: Psychological Astrology and the Twelve Houses

Post by applesubho »

Noel i read about this book and i am very interested in western astrology. I know nothing about it but i want to learn. Can i get to know western or tropical method closely by reading this book? I dont know the basic as well. Which book should i buy. Recommend me .
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

apple, yes this book lays down the foundations of western astrology, it is also about psychology and using your own chart to better understand yourself. I would suggest this as your first book, which is why I wrote it first.
Trichakra

Post by Trichakra »

Thanks for amazon link. I will buy this book and will share with you guys,
the world you are forced to inhabit does not match up to the world
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

thanks freekundli, I look forward to your review :)
sabali

Post by sabali »

Thank you so much!