Horoscope Matching rules

For Beginners to Advanced Students or other Members.

Moderators: Pem, Hamid

Chetan

Horoscope Matching rules

Post by Chetan »

Dear Scholars,
Could you kindly share the rules for horoscope matching you have found to work in practise?

I was told to look for 3 things :-
1) Ascendant matching : Male and femal chart should not have ascendant which is 6-8 or 2-12 and to a lesser extent 9-5 (yes 9-5 leads to over spiritual relationship between the couple).
2) Moon sign match: Again the Moon sign should not be 2-12 or 6-8 or each other (this can be seen in 36 point match as I found generally such combination give a very low score around 10 points). Also the same rule of 9-5 applies though this is still ok if other things are matching.
3) 7th lord of the two charts should be in same type of sign (moveable, fixed or dual signs) , i.e : the groom and bride both should have their 7th lords in movable, fixed or dual sign, however if there is a mutual connection beteen the dispositior of the 7th lord thats also acceptable.

4) Mangal dosh: tricky point as many people have their preferences as to what is mangal dosha. from Ascendant (1,2,4,7,8), Moon (1,4,7,8 and 12 i.e : 2nd not included however 12 is included) not no effect from from Venus position (or else 90% or the people will be manglisk to some extent!!). I don't really believe in exception such as Mars exalted,own sign or debilitated or other exceptions.

Its hard to get all these points to match hence I find it hard to include other points... Any one would like to share their views??
chetankumar

Re: Horoscope Matching rules

Post by chetankumar »

There are many rules regarding match making and you are talking about very simple few simple rules. Like the 7th lord should be in the same sign while 7th lord in duel sign indicate two marriages sometimes. Match making is a difficult process because it has many parameters to be checked. There should be lot of experience and practice to handle this. Read classics where has been given many rules and practice on it.
Pem

Post by Pem »

Hello Chetan
This topic should be posted in Vedic Discussions/Learning and will be
for the sake of good order transferred to the relevant Section.
Regards
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
http://www.astrologersforum.com/forum/v ... =66&t=2870
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
Buddy

Post by Buddy »

Hi,

In my humble opinion, the exercise is a pretty involved and complicated process - depending on one's interest and inclination. There are a number of methods and given the kind of Karma we carry, many (if not most) would end up being single if we went looking for perfection or started searching for ideal or true soulmates. Ultimately and in reality (in my understanding), we end up with whatever we are destined.

Given the complexity involved and time needed to do a through and in-depth analysis, most often we subscribe to easier and/or simpler ways (not to mention the difficulty in locating one who is both knowledgeable, has patience and does it for true passion - folk who do it purely for money rarely get into this space) to gamble with life and accept our destiny.

Some commonly used approaches are:
1. Nama-Bhala or Name matching
2. Ashta-Koota (group of eight factors) Gunanka or the point system (using Chandra Lagna)
3. Dasha-koota matching system
4. Matching of Udaya Lagna and position of Moon/Chandra (in Rasi and Nakshatra)
5. Kundali or Horoscope matching - including Compatibility (with each other and close family), Progeny, Longevity, Aarogya, Aishwarya/Dhana, Dasha/Time, Yashas... etc.
6. Dina-Gana-Mahendra-Rasi-Nadi-Yoni-Rajju-Vedha matching

A good topic - would be nice if more knowledgeable folk shared knowledge / experiences and contributed to collective learning.

Good luck and best wishes!
lntsrikanth

Post by lntsrikanth »

Hi,

Based on what I have learnt, the most important point is Dharma.
One has to support other partner on their Dharma. So, we match one's lagna with other's Upapada lagna (Dharma).
For example, if the boy is Mesha Lagna. In the girl's chart from her Upapada (UL), Mars shall be in 1,5,7 or 9. Or In the girl's chart UL shall be placed in 1,5,7 or 9 from Mesha. Or, In the girl's chart the UL lord shall be in Mesha.
The same rule is applied back to the girl's chart.

We also check if there is any debilitated planet in 2nd from UL / 2nd lord from UL shall not be debilitated in Rasi / Navamsa. This causes Dara Nasa Yoga (destruction of Spouse). We suggest pariharas to be done in this case like, marrying a tree and destroying it etc.
kalaiselvan

Post by kalaiselvan »

We provide free horoscope matting tools and check your partner horoscope details.

In this tool based on your date of birth, time

Horoscope Matching | Rahu Kalam Today | Tithi