Guru Chandaal yog question - Learning Astrology

For Beginners to Advanced Students or other Members.

Moderators: Pem, Hamid

sangeet

Guru Chandaal yog question - Learning Astrology

Post by sangeet »

Hello dear forum members,

I am learning astrology as a personal interest. I have a serious question regarding my own birth chart considering Guru Chandaal yog.

The question comes in mind because K N Rao ji narrates an incident in his book (Yogis destiny and the wheel of time) regarding his guru who opined that for a person born in Sinh lagna (Leo Ascendant), Jupiter+Rahu yoga in 5th house is extremely inauspicious, specifically with respect to children. Now, the question for forum readers is - My own birth chart negates this principle of Rao Ji's Guruji. My kids (now grown up) are doing fine. I will be grateful if you could point out some finer details of my birth chart which are affecting this yoga and if I should be careful about some things.

Birth Date: 31-10-1972
Birth time (accurate): 02:20 am
Birth place :Kanpur India

Thanks!!
Sujit

Re: Guru Chandaal yog question - Learning Astrology

Post by Sujit »

Jupiter is strong in own moltrikona house can take stress of Rahu. so there will be no issues. In your chart they are in wide conjunction.
you are fortunate.

- Sujit
Online Vedic Astrologer " I know a thing or two about how planets give results."
Do you need some more advice, guidance?
You can find me on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/astrologer.sujit
sangeet

Post by sangeet »

Thank you Sujit ji. As a learner, it is indeed surprising to see a strong viewpoint expressed by Mr Rao, and find a live example negating it. His point was that for Sinh (Leo) ascendant, if Jupiter is in fifth house (its own house) then if Rahu is also in fifth house, Guru Chandaal yog is highly malefic. So, this is not a general rule.

Thank you for clarifying.
Sujit

Post by Sujit »

sangeet wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:56 am Thank you Sujit ji. As a learner, it is indeed surprising to see a strong viewpoint expressed by Mr Rao, and find a live example negating it. His point was that for Sinh (Leo) ascendant, if Jupiter is in fifth house (its own house) then if Rahu is also in fifth house, Guru Chandaal yog is highly malefic. So, this is not a general rule.

Thank you for clarifying.
Along with reading, you should do own study and research. you will find many such rules are not working.
Online Vedic Astrologer " I know a thing or two about how planets give results."
Do you need some more advice, guidance?
You can find me on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/astrologer.sujit
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

GURU/CHANDAL YOG

1.If jupiter is strong then it is beneficial.
2.If rahu is strong then its a deceptive personality.
3. If Jupiter is strong and this yog is in upachaya houses then its good.
4.If rahu strong and this yog in anupachaya houses then it makes a person cheater/deceptive personality eg a false guru.

In your horoscope you have it in the 5th house which is supportive house of the ascendant[upachaya house] and jupiter the karak [lord of the 8th house] is placed in it.

Hamid Sheikh
Hamid
Interest in Timing Events
sangeet

Post by sangeet »

Hamid ji,

Thank you for clarifying. As I wrote, my doubt was with what KN Rao ji has written. I am attaching a pic of the relevant book page. The pic is in Hindi (Sorry, I have the Hindi book only), but I translate below.

"For Leo or Scorpio Ascendants, where Jupiter is the lord of the 5th house, Guru Chandaal yog along with aspect of Mars or Saturn is a sure malefic sign. ....Guruji used to say: get me even one horoscope with such a Guru Chandaal yog, and where at least one kid has not turned out to be a criminal. ....

... If such a yog of a Leo or Scorpio ascendant is there in the 5th house, then it can be considered a hereditary family curse. It is normal to have deaths of children and wayward kids in such a family.
"
K N Rao comments "I have checked these yogas in more than 50 horoscopes and found that it holds true in all cases"
20210104_175403.jpg
20210104_175403.jpg (2.44 MiB) Viewed 1486 times
_____
These are strong words. My ascendant is Leo, I have Jupiter+Rahu in 5th house, and Mars aspects my 5th house. There are no deaths of children in family, and my kids are not wayward. One is CS graduate, working in a MNC, another is studying in a very good college with very good grades...

So...... The description of a strong Guru Chandaal yog - Jupiter+Rahu in 5th house, aspected by Mars or Saturn... does not hold. Hence my query.

Thank you so much for clarifying!!
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Yes K N Rao Ji is correct.
Now we are talking about the second part of your question where a malefic has aspect on this yog.
Till now we were looking at the yog only.
When a malefic aspects this yog then some disturbance should be there, and to what extent and why is a subject of micro astrology.
K N RAO Ji must have written this book while keeping the student knowledge level in mind.
At least 10 pages can be written to to explain your query.
I will try to be brief and to the point to answer your query.

Hamid Sheikh
Hamid
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

AS a first step we need to study LEO and SCORPIO separately.

1.For Leo the 6th lord is saturn its sight on any house will always be malefic as it cannot have benefic sight except for 1st and 9th house, therefore LEO ascendant should only be worried from sight of saturn and not mars.

2.For scorpio ascendant the 6th lord is mars its sight on any house will always be malefic as it cannot have benefic sight except for 1st and 9th house, therefore scorpio ascendant should only be worried from sight of mars and not saturn.

This is case where a father is deeply worried about his children.

I will go step by step so that you follow clearly.

Hamid Sheikh
Hamid
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

FOR LEO ASCENDANT
I will discuss the placement of mars as in your chart.

Mars will have sight on the 5th house if it is placed in the 2nd house[4th sight],11th house[7th sight] and 10th house [8th sight].
This mars has lordship of the 4th [scorpio] and 9th [aries] houses.
Mars is placed 6th from the 9th house and double 6th from the 4th house[from 4th house 6th is aries and then from aries to virgo is second jump of 6]
This position of mars is considered good.
In your case mars is with 3 bindus therefore its aspect on the houses it aspects will be beneficial, casting sight with benefic 5 bindus and supporting the 5th house.
Now in your horoscope mars and jupiter has a 4-10 relationship whereby since mars is with 3 bindus therefore controls jupiter[who has 6 bindus] which is placed 4th from mars.
In your horoscope mars is lord of the 9th house[father] and venus is lord of the 3rd house[mother] both are placed in the 2nd house where mars has full control over the fifth house whereas venus[mother] is with 7 bindus which shows that she tries her utmost to control children but its the father who has full control.
Now we look at benefits from father and mother.
The 4th house[mars] represents benefits from mother and 10 house[venus] benefits from father.
Both are placed in the 2nd house and having 4-10 relationship with the 5th house and its lord.
The family is in good control of their children and the children are supported by family resources as well.

Similarly we can discuss the 7th and 8th sight of mars and sights of saturn separately for both leo and scorpio ascendants.

I hope my explanation of mars aspect in your chart gives you relief.

Hamid Sheikh
Non professioal
Vedic Astrologer
Hamid
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Normally people approach astrologers when they have a problem, whereas you have approached academically.
K N Rao Ji is correct as he was approached by those having problem with their children and he found the common affliction in those charts.

Academically studying a chart requires a few days per chart. But when you are looking at the chart professionally then the motive is to give the correct reasoning which K N Rao Ji must have done in a few minutes.

Hamid Sheikh
Hamid