Venus Retrograde

admin
Site Admin

Venus Retrograde

Post by admin »

Well, first of all Mars is at the moment, in the same degree, but moving out.

Venus retrograde is about re-working and going over again, relationships and financial matters. And more of course: whatever 'House' Venus is in, and the 'House' it rules, and the aspects it makes to other planets, will all be 'under review' and reworking.

Basically, given that Venus is primarily about 'relationships', any retrograde suggests the need for reviewing and going back over the way in which we relate to others. Remember however that Venus rules 2 signs: Libra and Taurus. Libra is, after all, an 'objective/airy/intellectual' sign, while Taurus is subjective/earthy - laying down the 'roots' of 'matter', and in Scorpio, (along with Mars there), it 'takes no prisoners' ! Both Taurus and Scorpio can be 'greedy' (am thinking: World Corporate issues/Banks/Wall Street, Personal Finances, Personal relationships, etc.) while also trying to acquire something 'more' for 'back-up' (for 'safety').
(The Degree Symbols for this Mars/Venus conjunction -on the 5th Oct. 2010 - are: "A beautiful garden...the water streams over the edge and goes free, but unused, into the ground... ... ...There is a reunion of a joyous company, with the master of the house standing, glass in hand, proposing a toast to their health"; and:
"Workers push a telephone line across forbidding ranges...").

So, I wonder how this is working out for the World ? Oh well, probably another IPad ...but obviously, it will relate to each Country appropriately too.

The day this happened was 5th Oct. 2010: 5+10+2010 = 18. In 'Tarot' this is 'The Moon', which is about ...waiting, because matters are not as clear as one thinks. Something's going on behind it all which no-one's ...telling or seeing.

Something is hidden here, which might not be visible til 20th Dec.? :roll:

Would appreciate more comments.

Thanks.
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Elf

Re: Venus Retrograde

Post by Elf »

May I suggest some additional meanings for Venus Retrograde in a natal chart? If Venus symbolizes our inner need to attain union with another, to cooperate, to share life with someone outside ourself (a most vital and primitive need in humans), and Venus is retrograde, then I suggest that it can mean withdrawal, retirement, avoiding or evading close relationship, difficulty in establishing and maintaining cooperative ties and similar ideas. Venus occurs in less than 8% of all horoscopes and must therefore be seen as "rare" and consequently "highly significant" in any chart where it appears. It is often found...very often...in the charts of homosexuals, where in its role as a sexual planet it may show narcissism when retrograde (love is turned inward toward "self") and it is a key indicator of that particular form of sexuality. If Venus is the symbol of that which we hold dear to ourselves...our ideals, principles, goals, values, cherished desires....then when retrograde this planet shows that the values held run contrary to the normal flow, that is are unconventional or not the values commonly accepted by the mass of people but somehow out-of-the-ordinary. This fact often leads to a sense of isolation or of feeling different or out of step. Venus symbolizes our sense of completeness and shows how we finish things. When retrograde, there may be a consistent tendency in the life to fail to carry things to a full and wholly satisfactory conclusion. Thus, things undertaken may be left unfinished, or give less than the desired results. Naturally, in order to understand the full meaning or implications of Venus or any other planet, its conditions must be closely examined. By conditions, I mean its particular determination (as the term is used by Morin), its essential and accidental dignities, house position, aspects, motions and any other factors affecting it. Through consideration of such things the full picture of what a planet "means" and how it works in a chart can be seen and understood, and its place in the whole of the personality and life be seen.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi elf, Welcome and thanks for your response here.

Clearly you are a student of earlier astrology texts. Morin goes back to 17th Century?, and he, and those of his ilk, certainly knew more than most of us know now. There are many truths writ by him and others of that time - and, before. You have described a particularly relevant point here,

I surely do agree with your comments:
“... If Venus symbolizes our inner need to attain union with another, to cooperate, to share life with someone outside ourself (a most vital and primitive need in humans), and Venus is retrograde, then I suggest that it can mean withdrawal, retirement, avoiding or evading close relationship, difficulty in establishing and maintaining cooperative ties and similar ideas.”
(Hadn’t looked at Venus in that light before).

I’m not sure that ‘Venus’ represents ‘our goals’ tho’. Would depend on where Venus is ? Or whether relationships are our ‘goal’.

...Oh...ok..I.see where you are going! We are all in need of ‘another’/other’s’ to balance us in some way? (Libra and opposite Aries), and thereby to ‘ground’ us (Taurus/Scorpio) ...so, seeking ‘our other’ is indeed a ‘goal’, given that we need ‘another/others’ in our lives, without whom we would not exist.

So, Venus Retrograde makes us feel isolated/alone. Your words certainly assist with regard to Transiting Venus Retrograde, ....we look for inner completion of ‘Self’? ergo: narcissism...so during the phase of Venus R, (wherever it is at the time, and relevant to the sign, house etc.), we’re just looking at the ‘mirror’ image of ourselves !?! Good Point !!! (I'll look at Venus Retrograde in Natal Charts in another way too.).

Thanks again for this.

I love it when someone takes me... further.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
AmyLuisa

Post by AmyLuisa »

http://darkstarastrology.com/venus-retrograde/

a great article on Venus Retrograde. And this HAS ALL HAPPENED TO ME SO FAR since May 7th

She is kicking my "butt as well as my heart".

several lovers came back, several friends from years ago,

one lover in particular, has a hold on me as i have on him.....this is part of my question on another board.

Venus retrograde is very hard....for me.....i still cant seem to "repair karmic ties that hurt me" been in tears since yesterday morning. but VR leaves at the end of June right? then what happens????? An explosion in relationships???? come to an end/or start a new one? get rid of relationships during this time that have no more fullfilment. a new one is about to begin???? GOD WILLING :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(