Retrograde Mercury

gamzatti

Re: Retrograde Mercury

Post by gamzatti »

Thankyou admin for your help.It had not occured to me that my daughters difficulties could be due to transits.I tended to think in terms of her natal chart.It certainly makes sense that saturn retro.transiting 4th house would be most likely responsible as 4th house is concerning the home.She has always so far ended up in a home she likes whatever the previous difficulties.I know when mercury is retrograde she suffers thats why I thought it where the problem might lie.The 12th house stellium is a bit of a puzzle seemed a bit worrying,as it is the house of karma ,secrets and what is hidden.what can she have done in previous life?has been my thoughts.anyway very grateful for your time. love gamzatti
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi gamzatti, and re your daughter's 12th house stellium:

First of all I would say that I feel our 'Western' interpretation of the 'karma' issue, is a tad 'skewed', as in, we seem to see it as 'fatalistic'. It does indeed seem very much to describe elements that are 'hidden' from our conscious view and it can take a lot of work to make them conscious...and not all of them can be made so...It is indeed 'hard work' and for a parent who knows astrology, to see their child grappling with this, it must be not only frustrating - feeling helpless to help; and also, frightening.

Some of the planets there in her chart make some difficult aspects to planets in her 4th/10th Houses, which suggests that there are family issues, and I hasten to add, that these 'issues' are likely carried from previous generations, and hence, difficult to know at a conscious level. This does NOT mean that you as parents...nor your parents... have done anything 'wrong'. It just means that there are matters carried from way way back along the family lines, that weren't able to be resolved along the way. And again, this does NOT mean that anyone was/is at fault! It just means that she was born at a particular time on this planet...for 'what reason'? Of course, we really want to know the reason for our existence..and I don't know how you feel about the concept of a person/soul choosing to be born to particular parents at a particular time to further their 'soul growth'...but that is only one view.

I would add that I think the fact that she has Gemini Rising, gives her the capacity to bring all those 12th House Gemini energies into conscious relevance and understanding. And I would also add that Sun/Jupiter conjunct her North Node there, gives her support and protection, especially because she is likely to try to work out what is going on....eventually. Mercury in Taurus there opposite Neptune in the 6th suggests a powerful imagination, and a tendency to easily doubt her capacities when challenged by others, who in fact are perhaps just showing her that she was being a bit unrealistic. She is capable of dreaming great dreams, and also knows deep down that some of them are in fact, unrealistic. The difficulty at times may be, admitting this to herself.

The Full Moon today occurs right across this Mercury/Neptune, so she may well 'see' what's going on with this particular issue.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
scorpio
Senior

Post by scorpio »

Hello Gamzatti

Yes, in this case I do think Merc retrograde can have an affect on her being 'gazumphed'. If she she could find a house that has been a typical 12th house building I think it would work out better for her. That is, maybe a converted hospital, half-way house, prison, asylum or veteranry hospital etc - maybe even a converted church or barn!. This would give her 12th house all the expression it needs and perhaps put the other 'gazumpers' off. Nonetheless, I also think what admin says about the 4th house needs to be taken to heart. However, it is quite likely from her chart that she would turn her home into a typical 12th house home anyway, i.e a refuge for the homeless, strange people, lost animals, etc. If she makes the legal processes (first offer, exchange of contracts, etc} while Mercury is direct she should be OK and not have to face the problem of others undercutting her.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

And here we go once more into the proverbial breach with Mercury retrograde again and in Gemini (turned R on 7th May 09, until 31st May 09), and thought to add some small personal experiences:

Computer started showing 'low virtual memory' warnings; went through everything and tried various suggestions but finally looks like I need more RAM. So, rang my 'local' computer place to find that it has gone (moved 70 kilometres away), and nothing else nearer. :x

Developed a dental problem, and having put off ringing the dentist (as one does), finally rang to find my dentist will be away for 2 months. :evil: (Easy enough of course to find another one but - when you've been going to some for years, tisn't easy to feel confident in someone 'new').

Have a holiday home, and everyone keeps changing their bookings so a nightmare trying to juggle and coordinate. :roll:

I know that when Mercury is retrograde it's time to concentrate on planning rather than trying to organise and make appointments or meetings etc. but sometimes it's unavoidable. Sigh. Anyone else have anything to add about the current Mercury shenanigans ?
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just thought I'd add this from Philip Sedgwick's latest 'Galactic Times':
"Five days ago, Mercury, as he does every 115.88 days, reversed direction into that highly touted, dreaded era known as Mercury retrograde. We all know what that means. Communication, contracts, conversation, chatter, e-mails and everything written, spoken or with communication devices tends to run amok. Granted, many people state every Mercury retrograde period that this is the worst one ever. Those persons issuing such observations usually have the position of retrograding Mercury irritating their charts and the perception may be celestially subjective.

But is this Mercury retrograde more potent than usual? I think so. Is there a reason? Of course..."
He discusses this further with regard to where, this time, Mercury turned Retrograde in our Galaxy (relevant to the Pleiades, and more), and why it seems to be 'more potent':
"(The Pleiades)... clusters of seven stars offer potent points of healing through the processes of lamenting, recapitulation and isolation to restore one's relationship with the Creator. Uncomfortable in the short term, these healing protocols produce positive results: the shedding of grief and loss, shame and blame. So what if the connection of this station of Mercury to this point, and its naturally sensitivity to reversal of motion, is used to clear emotional decks about shifts in fate that do not align with one's greatest aspirations? Give it a good day. Dive into the moaning and groaning, alone and imposing the emotional clearing on no other, and get it the hell done. After, the sky clears... okay at least the mind and one can cogently re-engage with life."
There is much much more there and SO worth reading, such as:
"So then, what handy tips can be applied to this retrograde Mercury given the above causes? How about a handy, printable, easy to lose list for Mercury's backtracking?... "

But you'll have to go and look at his site to read about those 'handy tips' :) http://philipsedgwick.com and click on 'The Galactic Times'.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi gamzatti...Obviously this is going further for your daughter now whilst this current retro Merc. has gone back in her 12th, and currently sitting on her Moon in Taurus there.

Please do tell us how things are proceeding for her!
Puja N Pujari

Post by Puja N Pujari »

Three or four times a year, planet Mercury is said to go retrograde — that is to say it moves in an opposite direction to planet Earth. Planets move from east to west around the sun, and when Mercury turns to move from west to east instead, that's when Mercury is in retrograde. Many refer to this time of year as simply Mercury retrograde.

But this backwards movement is an illusion, similar to the one you experience when you're in a car on the highway moving faster than a train alongside you. The train appears to be moving backward, but it's just moving more slowly than you are. The same thing happens when our planet passes Mercury in our orbit around the sun. Mercury is just moving slower than Earth, causing the illusion that it's moving in retrograde.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here we are again with Mercury about to turn Retrograde, (7 July 2019 - 1st Aug. 2019), this time in the Signs of Leo and Cancer.
This article by Stephen Forrest on the matter arrived and as I think it's one of the best I've read about Mercury Retrograde I thought others here would enjoy and benefit from this excellent astrologer's wisdom on retrograde planets.

https://www.forrestastrology.com/blogs/ ... 32d1afed09

Admin.
Nataly11

Post by Nataly11 »

Retrograde Mercury is the worst time for many of us :(