Why aren’t we working?

Note that synastry requires two charts to be set up and analysed so, before asking, please make sure that this is a serious relationship. This is a free board and our time to respond is limited.
sunnyrobots

Why aren’t we working?

Post by sunnyrobots »

On off relationship for seven years but we keep coming back to each other. Why do we keep doing this and can we be happy together? We don’t seem to understand each other sometimes but it is very painful to be apart.

Female:
April 2, 1988
23:36
Fullerton, CA, United States

Male:
October 30, 1985
21:57
Santa Ana, CA, United States
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Why aren’t we working?

Post by Noel Eastwood »

sunny, your girlfriend is a lively lass, she has lots of get up and go about her. But she is complicated, headstrong and doesn't trust many people. The last thing she wants or needs is to get hurt.

It appears that she is attracted to your passion and compassion but there is conflict here too. You also have trust issues and this resonates between the two of you. When you both don't trust the world not to hurt you then the barriers gets thicker and broader.

You pull away and hide when you get hurt, your girlfriend can lash out, you both have your unique ways to manage and survive emotional pain. Basically this is not a good solid foundation to build a long term relationship on, for either of you. I see that you are a genuine and kind person, someone who has a passion for life yet the wounds you carry seem to get in the way of your happiness. Your girlfriend has similar wounds and is trying to trust the world to keep her safe. Your relationship is resting on those wounds. You might want to try to fix these issues first.

In situations as complex as this I always suggest that you go and get professional counselling. Find a good psychotherapist, someone who knows a bit about astrology and depth psychotherapy and talk to them. This just might be the very best thing you can go in your life.

If you keep trying to figure something out and you come up with the same answer as you have over the years you've been together then eventually you need to find a better formulae. That is what I aim to do by suggesting you get a professional who will illuminate your life from a different perspective to help you find your own answers.

It may take some time but that is better than getting married and then divorced, I'd hate to see that happen to two really nice people that I see in these chart.
sunnyrobots

Re: Why aren’t we working?

Post by sunnyrobots »

Thank you very much Noel for your detailed reply. I will search for a therapist who knows astrology.