Progressed and Natal charts

Dolores

Progressed and Natal charts

Post by Dolores »

Which plays out more? Which exerts the greater influence?
For example, I am a Cancer Venus, now, according to my progressed chart, I am a Leo Venus.
So, am I more of a Cancer Venus or a Leo Venus now?
Also, won't the progressed charts play a role in relationships and synastry?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Progressed and Natal charts

Post by admin »

Hi Dolores,

When a planet moves into another sign in a progressed chart, it adds the flavour of the sign it has moved into to the natal sign position. This means that you are 'always' Venus in Cancer, but with Venus moving into the sign of Leo, this will add a another quality to the way in which you express your Venus. In other words your Venus will be more outgoing than usual and more likely to express your innate caring for others in a much more openly warmer and assertive way. Naturally this will affect your relationships with others, and of course it will be relevant as to whether it has also changed houses as a result of the progression, and also the aspects it makes in this changed position.

And yes, progressed charts do play a role in relationships and synastry. But always, the natal sign position is the strongest.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

I have question about progressed Venus.

My natal progressed Venus crossed MC about 7 years ago at 24 Aries, however, it went retrograde shortly after, and due to retrograde it will never enter next sign. It will be permanently stuck in 10th in retrograde, likely through the end of my days. What might I expect from this progressed retro venus in 10th in orb of MC?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Maverick,

During this retrograde period, has it crossed your Progressed Sun yet ? Is it making, or has it made any aspects to other planets along the way ? How old were you when it turned retrograde ? That year is very important as it would signify a whole new perspective and way of looking at and experiencing Venus matters according to the sign it is in, the house it rules, and the planets it aspects natally.

Without further information about your natal chart, it is difficult to be more specific, of course, so if you would like to post your birth data - either here, or by 'pm' if you wish that information to remain private - then I'll try to expand on this.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

thank you for quick reply!

i am new to this forum and i haven't figured out how to post a jpeg of chart from my desktop yet.

progressed sun is 1' aries. progressed venus is 29' aries retro.

Is it making, or has it made any aspects to other planets along the way ? How old were you when it turned retrograde ? That year is very important as it would signify a whole new perspective and way of looking at and experiencing Venus matters according to the sign it is in, the house it rules, and the planets it aspects natally.

prog. venus turned retro at my age 53 - about 2 years ago - at 29' aries in my 10th. i was looking forward to it entering 0' taurus in harmony with natal mars 0' cancer - until i realized it never would progress to taurus in my lifetime.

:(

progressed venus squared my natal saturn 22' capricorn around age 34-35, some twenty years ago then trined natal uranus 24' leo some two years later at my age 37.

if you can direct me to how to post chart from my desktop, i'd be appreciative. thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Maverick,

Thanks for the extra information !

If you just give me your birth data (date, place and time of birth), I'll post your chart here for you.

Admin.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

thank you - :)

Jan 25 1961 Los Angeles CA 5:03 pm PST
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

no problem. the chart is not correct.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Maverick chart 2.png
Maverick chart 2.png (127.11 KiB) Viewed 5213 times
Apologies. Hope THIS one is correct !

Admin.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Maverick Progressed Chart.png
Maverick Progressed Chart.png (94.23 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
And here is your Progressed Chart.