Neurological Disorder

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

Margie

Neurological Disorder

Post by Margie »

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this? I have an 'ms' like neurological disorder which started about 2000 and which severely affects my co-ordination - balance, speech and writing.

I was born on 12th March 1944, 11:20 PM BST - 1:00, London, England. 51N30 X 00W10, and have Mars conj. Saturn in Gemini in the 8th House in square to my Sun/Mercury in Pisces in the 4th House, which describes the condition well.

However, my feeling is that there is more to this and am thinking it has to do with my Moon in Libra in the 12th House, even though the Moon is in Grand Trine with Mars/Sat. in Gem. in 8th, and Venus in Aquarius conjunct the IC. (My Moon does however, also quincunx my Sun in Pisces in 4th).

I would appreciate any insights or suggestions. Thankyou.
BIGRAVEN13
Senior

Re: Neurological Disorder

Post by BIGRAVEN13 »

Hello Margie,

This is Rod/Bigraven here.

Have has some interest in how natal chartes relate to chronic condition. I live with someone with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME.
Have also worked with quite a few CFS sufferers and see a define, if broad profile. WIll give your chart a look over and comment when I can say something that might be meaningful.
"Free will is the ability to do gladly that which one must do" C G Jung
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm not sure about how much of this will be helpful, but am going to attempt it.

I notice that t. Saturn entered Gemini in late 2000 (retrograded back into Taurus til April 2001, when it re-entered Gemini, on its way to your 2nd Sat. Return, 2002. I note your 1st Saturn Return was in 1973, so it might be a good idea to reconnoitre that period...what was going on then?). I feel that when planets enter a sign,(more particularly from Jupiter outwards), any natal planet therein starts to ‘feel’ its ‘presence’, so I think that this may have had something to do with the ‘onset’, or at least, the emergence of the neurological disorder.

With regard to the Moon’s trine to Natal Saturn/Mars in Gemini: trines - usually perceived as ‘positive’ - aren’t necessarily so. What a trine does is enable an ‘easy flow’ of the energies between the planets/bodies involved, and if either of the planets involved are of themselves, ‘difficult’ energies – i.e. if there’s a struggle for their energies to be actualised, made conscious and integrated into the 'Self'– then the ease of flow is going to constantly make it necessary to recognise the underlying causes, motives and reasons.

Saturn in Gemini (as Saturn in any sign) has its own problems, which is very much more than just the few words I can reduce it to here: for one it can be that it’s difficult to express or articulate one’s thoughts, there being a fear of appearing stupid, or of not having ‘enough’ education, or of simply not being able to articulate all the thoughts one is having. Saturn in the 8th House has (in brief) to do with allowing others in, ie. of trusting that you won’t be ridiculed by opening up…speaking your thoughts. The conjunction with Mars gives a push/pull, so that if you 'say it', it can immediately be followed, or counteracted by a retraction, or...by not saying anything at all.
The square to Sun and Mercury in Pisces aggravates this, as Pisces tends to see thoughts in ‘wholes’, which makes it difficult to convey them/communicate them, in a linear and ordered fashion…one at a time. And, most of all, makes it just darned difficult to say anything. So, it reverts to the Moon's way, (which I'll attempt to go into more below).

Speaking of Pisces, the 12th House (which is Pisces’ ‘natural’abode), has to do with the very deep, wide and numinous areas of ‘the collective unconscious’ – it’s where we’re connected with the free-flowing ‘life, the universe, and everything’. On the other hand, the Moon is ‘personal’ and has to do with one’s personal need for nurturance, and the need to ‘look after’ others, and inevitably also to do with one’s mother, or one’s experience of her.. It is sensitive, needy and vulnerable, and in the 12th it is even more so, as it is open to all of the ‘intangible’ realms…and has no boundaries. (This is where the trine to Saturn ‘helps’ in that it creates ‘boundaries’. However, as mentioned above, they may/may have been created from ‘fear’ and as a ‘wall’ for protection). In Libra, the Moon needs everything to be harmonious, needs to be liked, so that any sense of incapacity to convey your thoughts in a way you see as acceptable (through they eyes of the ‘others’ you see as ‘better’ or ‘superior’), may result in your ‘dealing’ with this by retreating, and/or by escaping into whatever ‘not-reality’ is easiest. However, Saturn brings you back to reality, and the conj. of Saturn with Mars in trine to the Moon in the 8th, forces you by whatever means are available (Gemini: and in this instance, neurological 'restrictions'), to look deeper into the reasons or causes. The Moon rules the 9th House of ‘Higher and ‘Philosophical’ theory and thought, so that is an area which may also provide some answers.

There is more about the Moon in the 12th which has to do with some part of your mother which you contain within your psyche, and which may have to do with something she is ‘carrying’, perhaps also unconsciously, from her experiences of the ‘times’ when she was born, or the way in which she ‘had’ to behave... You may need to ask her much more about those times, and her experiences. (This could also go back much further through the 'family lineage' which could also mean that there is some 'genetic' quality to this. Obviously this is going to be rather obscure, and not able to be 'rectified' in the sense that you can do something about it. However, even knowing can sometimes help in understanding and putting it in perspective).

If any of this is not clear, please don't hesitate to ask. I do hope others will respond, and throw more light onto the matter than I have tried to do here .
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
scorpio
Senior

Post by scorpio »

I totally agree with what Admin has said so succinctly. I do not know much about MS so can't comment much myself.
scorpio
Senior

Post by scorpio »

Me again. I'm kinda looking at Mars ruling the sixth, conjunct Saturn which squares
Mercury and Mars sesquisquares the Acendant. But I don't know much about
MS except that it is progressive (Saturn?) and it involves nerves and
muscles. Also Saturn rules the third (natural house of Gemini). It might help
if somebody could enlighten me about MS.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It isn't actually MS ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis ) but as Margie said is 'MS-like', so has similarities such as progressive inabilities for movement and for speaking.

On looking further, re the Moon in 12th and Saturn in Gemini - family lines and such, I should mention that Liz Greene's "Saturn, a new look at an old devil" (pub: Samuel Weiser, Inc. N.Y.), and also her "Relating, An Astrological Guide to Living with Others on a Small Planet" (pub: COVENTURE Ltd.) which contains a chapter entitled: "Honour Thy Father and Mother...with Reservations" contain some vital clues about family patterns.

The site: http://www.astro.com/ (Special Interest Areas) wherein Liz Greene talks about the Kennedy's 'curse', is also, perhaps, relevant:
"The Oracle and the Family Curse": ... Most of us do not think in terms of our families being "cursed", whatever difficulties we experience with and through them. Some families exhibit clearly repetitive patterns, but these may involve gifts and good fortune as often as they involve misfortune and pathology. But there are some families which seem to bear more than their share of tragedy, albeit on a less grandiose scale than the Kennedys. Repeating generations of broken marriages, alcoholism and drug addiction, suicide, financial ruin, and functional disease dog many families. Sometimes these patterns are deeply disturbing in their consistency and precision. Lynn Bell demonstrates, in her excellent book, Planetary Threads, the ways in which particular attitudes and experiences, embedded in the family psyche, can unconsciously dominate behaviour over several generations, sometimes emerging only when each individual reaches the precise age at which his or her predecessors themselves re-enacted the ancient story. Family therapists call this "the anniversary syndrome". Astrologers, accustomed to the cyclical nature of transits and progressions, can map it with precision, but its meaning may be more elusive.

An important question for the astrologer is whether family tragedies can be seen in nascent form in the birth chart, and counteracted before they have a chance to repeat. For if we take seriously the possibility of a destructive psychological inheritance, we are forced to consider the implications for astrological prediction. A family curse, in myth, demands an expiation of some kind, without which it continues to unleash its wrath on subsequent generations. The future of an individual, in this context, is dependent not on his or her conscious choices, nor even on his or her birth chart, but on something from the past which lies buried beneath the surface of life and influences or conditions future choices and consequences. In other words, the family curse makes us live the placements in our individual charts in particular ways which are not entirely our own. Our special pattern of planets and signs and aspects, so unique and so full of individual potential, becomes the unwitting vessel for a larger, older, and often inimical collective daimon."
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here is Margie's chart for those who may be able to see or add more:
margie's chart.jpg
margie's chart.jpg (74.83 KiB) Viewed 4061 times