Are we already in the age of Aquarius?

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

skywriter

Are we already in the age of Aquarius?

Post by skywriter »

Supposedly I found a site referring to that the age of Aquarius started in 2010
Astrologers in general, discuss this :D
admin
Site Admin

Re: Are we already in the age of Aquarius?

Post by admin »

Well that’s the Big Question, isn’t it? And no doubt you’ve checked online !? (Wiki has a pretty good take on this).

During the 1960’s it was the whole theme and “It’s Here !” was the cry. But of course, the actual ‘date’ has been questioned so much, and I’m very sure it will continue to be argued about for ages.

It seems that at least part of the confusion is due to the fact that there’s a kind of ‘shadow’ period during which there’s an overlap between the ‘Age of Pisces’ and ‘Age of Aquarius’. But that’s only part of the issue.

There’s no doubt that it ‘feels’ like it must have happened with the massive and quite sudden onset of the full on ‘computer age’. But such as the period when Uranus entered his own Sign of Aquarius briefly in 1995 and then fully in 1996 surely at least heralded this ‘Age’.

But now we have Neptune in his own Sign since 2011/12 and so we’re harking back to Pisces and all it represents.

And not least of all, remember that in Western astrology we’re not using the actual ‘real’ sidereal zodiac.

In case you hadn’t come across it in your search, this is worth a look: http://earthsky.org/human-world/when-wi ... rius-begin and this one: http://cura.free.fr/xxv/21sepp2.html

So, take your pick. :lol:

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Quinten_Pheonix

Post by Quinten_Pheonix »

I come from the fringes of Generation X. Then came Gen Y. I suppose right about now, we're entering the heyday of Gen Zed. Maybe the Aquarian Age will be here good and proper when the alphabet is finally finished.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Interesting idea Quinten, and perhaps others will follow it through and add more here.

Further to this discussion, here is a short extract from Steven Forrest's take on this matter:
"As I think about the state of change we find ourselves in at this particular moment in history, I’m drawn to step back and take a bigger view. I want to enter the controversial territory of The Age of Aquarius. The energetic shifts it embodies casts long shadows over all contemporary events and all the various paradigm mutations we are experiencing. I call this territory controversial because while there are many astrologers who say we are already in the Aquarian Age, there are others who claim it is still four centuries away. As is often the case, there is a lot of intellectual posturing, and behind it, quite a mountain of ignorance. The reality is that these Ages are not precisely definable, unlike timing the squares of Uranus and Pluto where we can count on the exact clockwork of the cosmos to guide us. Following is an explanation of how it works and why it is subject to so many interpretations."
https://www.forrestastrology.com/blogs/ ... f-aquarius

This is, I feel, one of the best views on the matter that I've come across, and well worth reading the whole article. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with his view, just that out of all of the endless arguments about the matter, it makes good sense - at least from a western astrology point of view.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
LibraPisces

Post by LibraPisces »

I always though we're since the hippie age ☮ ✌

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb8luHdpR84