Question on Trines/Yod and things

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
iauiugu

Question on Trines/Yod and things

Post by iauiugu »

Hello all - though I loved it as a kid, I've only been getting into astrology for the past year now, and am pretty stumped on how to interpret/feel about some aspects in my chart, and i would appreciate some help

I was born on August 30th, 1990 in Los Angeles, California at 4:32 am

I attached a chart I got from astro with all aspect lines showing, and noticed that I have an aspected grand tine in the earth signs, but also that one apex included the moon, neptune, and uranus

i also have a yod pointing to my moon, with jupiter and mars on the legs

i also noticed some right-angle, closed triangles, but i am not sure what those are.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Michael
Attachments
grand trine.gif
grand trine.gif (117.42 KiB) Viewed 2624 times
Erriiieeee

Re: Question on Trines/Yod and things

Post by Erriiieeee »

Oh hi fellow Californian! :lol:
The Moon is in Gemini as of right now which amplifies my already spazzy manner so I apologize if what I write reads that way!

The key to understanding Astrology is to see the chart holistically. Yes, we can look at the Yod as itself in your chart but without factoring in how the planets interact as a whole you will only get a blurry view of what exactly this aspect means for you. I'm going to just elaborate on the Yod as that involve more conscious deliberation to bring forth it's gifts from the inconsient.

A Yod represents focused energy...very focused energy however utilizing this energy is difficult because a quincunx/inconjunct is essentially is a relationship of planets that don't understand each other. While oppositions tend to have us project the neglected side--quincunxs are often only seen as disparate without further introspection. So:
Jupiter/Chiron/South Node: XII Conjunction Sextile Mars: X
Both inconjunct Moon/Uranus(R) :V Conjunction
That probably looks like a hot mess to try to unravel! The reason why I add the conjunctions is that they essentially are fused into each other. So it's not just Jupiter that's part of the Yod...but Chiron/South Node.
Okay! Let's break this down to each part and explain the pieces-- I assume just splaying out an over generalized scheme of the pattern won't do much for your mind (Your natal Mercury:Virgo).

Jupiter:Leo in XII sits nicely-- spirituality, and when your ego melts with a collective then you truly feel the buoyancy of optimism, and growth. How that needs to be facilitated is in a manner that is noble, and allows you to shine. How do you like to shine? Leo is ruled by the Sun so we look at the Sun now: Sun:Virgo in the II-- You have a natural talent for being analytical, efficient, and practical. You like to be of service and with this in the II house you probably are aware of how you shine in that manner. We'll look at how Mercury retrograde modifies that later.

Mars:Taurus in X indicates that you have very strong drive to carve yourself into the public... the manner that is done is methodical, obdurate, and persistent. Taurean energy is very much influenced by it's natural proclivities so what are those? We move to Venus because Taurus is ruled by Venus. Venus:Leo in the I which indicates that the manner in which you want to be known has to be in line with how you wish to project yourself: With strength, nobility, and beauty.

Moon: Capricorn in V The Moon's power is in detriment with Capricornian tendencies. The moon indicates our emotional needs, and Capricorn is stubborn, and internalizes so it may continue forward. Your emotional needs are a need for security, recognition, and a need for order within the realms of leisure, romance, and expression of self. So until the need for a secure format is met--you just can't enjoy the pleasures of the V house...now we look at Saturn which rules Capricorn:Saturn(R):Capricorn in VI you need a stable, and secure daily routine yet a retrograde shows that you may suppressed this need whether by choice, or out of necessity. This placement indicates that trying to establish a day-to-day routine is probably a struggle.

Okay! Now let's tie these all together:

Jupiter is sextile to Mars which indicates that often your pursuit to defining yourself in public--reaching the highest point of your expression, and merging with your midhaven works well with your natural growth that occurs in the realms of spirituality. These energies can function much better if they can figure out how to tie in with your emotional needs however-- both your want to feel optimistic, and your desire to establish yourself are dichotomous to your emotional needs. Without being rooted emotionally. Once you figure out how to deal with the issues in your daily routine, and your emotional needs then will both those persistent energies begin to channel effectively.

The cardinal appex hints that you need to drive yourself to action...and it's a matter of doing--initiating.

Hope this helps! I'll elaborate on the conjunctions as they don't alter the Yod but simply add more dimension to what's going on. They may just be obfuscating the point of the Yod at this time (I also need to wake up early so this also selfishly motivated as well.)

~Erie
Thus I draw from the absurd three consequences,which are my revolt, my freedom, and my passion. By the mere activity of consciousness I transform into a rule of life what was an invitation to death—and I refuse suicide
iauiugu

Post by iauiugu »

Erriiieeee wrote:Oh hi fellow Californian! :lol:
The Moon is in Gemini as of right now which amplifies my already spazzy manner so I apologize if what I write reads that way!
Hello Erie! I hope you don't mind my ignorance or openness in responses – i'm new to astrology but I trust/hope doing so is normal, since I am most comfortable acting this way
The key to understanding Astrology is to see the chart holistically. Yes, we can look at the Yod as itself in your chart but without factoring in how the planets interact as a whole you will only get a blurry view of what exactly this aspect means for you. I'm going to just elaborate on the Yod as that involve more conscious deliberation to bring forth it's gifts from the inconsient.
I get what you mean here – just thinking on these particular aspects isn't enough to fully grasp myself – but it seems like closed aspect formations are pretty significant (yod, grand trines, right angle triangles (?)), so my interest was focused on them.
A Yod represents focused energy...very focused energy however utilizing this energy is difficult because a quincunx/inconjunct is essentially is a relationship of planets that don't understand each other. While oppositions tend to have us project the neglected side--quincunxs are often only seen as disparate without further introspection. So:
Jupiter/Chiron/South Node: XII Conjunction Sextile Mars: X
Both inconjunct Moon/Uranus(R) :V Conjunction
That probably looks like a hot mess to try to unravel! The reason why I add the conjunctions is that they essentially are fused into each other. So it's not just Jupiter that's part of the Yod...but Chiron/South Node.
Okay! Let's break this down to each part and explain the pieces-- I assume just splaying out an over generalized scheme of the pattern won't do much for your mind (Your natal Mercury:Virgo).
This description seems very familiar to my experience. I often feel like I stumble onto paths and decisions that I often don't fully get myself, but if I commit to them, things tend to work out as well as I predicted. I just rarely but articulatedly come to these decisions – like doing teach for america though knowing it would probably be difficult beyond my abilities, bringing my partner with me, and knowing that, by the time we returned to los angeles, things will be okay, though no other person would ever believe it would be – I lost faith myself often. But things are pretty good now.
Jupiter:Leo in XII sits nicely-- spirituality, and when your ego melts with a collective then you truly feel the buoyancy of optimism, and growth. How that needs to be facilitated is in a manner that is noble, and allows you to shine. How do you like to shine? Leo is ruled by the Sun so we look at the Sun now: Sun:Virgo in the II-- You have a natural talent for being analytical, efficient, and practical. You like to be of service and with this in the II house you probably are aware of how you shine in that manner. We'll look at how Mercury retrograde modifies that later.
Oh man this reminds me of my top memories as a teacher/tutor... when I didn't have to coarse the kids to work, yell at them, say no in the slightest, and instead when I was able to use my talents, plans, and reason to get them to do the right things, to pay attention, to truly learn and use their unique creativity to produce something entirely them. I put particular care and effort into coming up with great reasons for even getting apathetic, overworked high school students to do their SAT work, by agreeing that the test is a scam, immoral even, but that the long-term value of studying for it makes it worth it. Few things have ever felts as magical as when i've been successful in these situations. They've been few, though. I sometimes feel bad that if I didn't conform to standards more that I would better for people.
Mars:Taurus in X indicates that you have very strong drive to carve yourself into the public... the manner that is done is methodical, obdurate, and persistent. Taurean energy is very much influenced by it's natural proclivities so what are those? We move to Venus because Taurus is ruled by Venus. Venus:Leo in the I which indicates that the manner in which you want to be known has to be in line with how you wish to project yourself: With strength, nobility, and beauty.
I try to not admit it often but I do desire to make an impact in public – to get through working with a collared shirt and tie, I only wear unconventional colors and patterns and combinations. I try to be as polite if not slightly more than the average – which nowadays ain't that high compared to what I dream about –and try to leave a positive impression, regardless of the form it takes, even if it sacrifices my ego. At least I'm aiming for that. Walking around with small quirks.
Moon: Capricorn in V The Moon's power is in detriment with Capricornian tendencies. The moon indicates our emotional needs, and Capricorn is stubborn, and internalizes so it may continue forward. Your emotional needs are a need for security, recognition, and a need for order within the realms of leisure, romance, and expression of self. So until the need for a secure format is met--you just can't enjoy the pleasures of the V house...now we look at Saturn which rules Capricorn:Saturn(R):Capricorn in VI you need a stable, and secure daily routine yet a retrograde shows that you may suppressed this need whether by choice, or out of necessity. This placement indicates that trying to establish a day-to-day routine is probably a struggle.
I definitely can't just enjoy the V house, even though as a grad school artist, leisure, romance, and self expression is what I am to be focusing on. I need to be sure that I am self-aware enough with any art thing I do, not inadvertently making a fool of myself, making it complex enough in my aesthetic and symbolic choices... i've been told again and again that I have way more than enough interesting ideas, I just actually have to make, but I find it very hard to start... as my friend pointed out yesterday, I am highly defensive in how I express casual and personal thoughts and ideas, often going over counterarguments before I assert the idea. My sister challenged me on everything I thought growing up, putting everything to argue despite my being three years her junior. At one point I decided to stop talking.

I often choose to suppress my feelings for the sake of peace and momentary security, absorbing the pain. And i'm realzing one of the biggest blocks to my creativity is the amount of support I receive – even if I have great internal faith in myself, if I am without some validation before I start, it's a struggle to simply get myself to begin. Such a simple thing.

Also creating a good routine and managing to do lists is my biggest struggle at the moment. Sleep, eating, work vs play balance, all out of whack... I had it together for a good few months in college, I think. But I also didn't have friends then. Now my sleep schedule is based on when I have to drive my partner into work, and the rest is subject to my attention span. I feel like I need to have my whole life scheduled with phone notices, and I would then get things done. Picking up habits in general is hard, and they don't seem to ever last

Okay! Now let's tie these all together:

Jupiter is sextile to Mars which indicates that often your pursuit to defining yourself in public--reaching the highest point of your expression, and merging with your midhaven works well with your natural growth that occurs in the realms of spirituality. These energies can function much better if they can figure out how to tie in with your emotional needs however-- both your want to feel optimistic, and your desire to establish yourself are dichotomous to your emotional needs. Without being rooted emotionally. Once you figure out how to deal with the issues in your daily routine, and your emotional needs then will both those persistent energies begin to channel effectively.
In my present life path I hope to focus my art practice on reflecting higher, enlightened ideals in a manner that could actually be taken up in general practice, to find a bridge across that presently long gulf between the fringe and the common ground. To be optimistic about this feels like a messiah complex, that I could be so important. Through all my life, I have received great support on everything, except now, on my recent interest in things outside of the rationalist box. But I feel more confident now than ever, despite the lack of emotional support. And the support is starting to come maybe, as long as I act
The cardinal appex hints that you need to drive yourself to action...and it's a matter of doing--initiating.
I do find that just start something is like a night-and-day switch for me .. I might spend two weeks putting off a project, but within five minutes of starting, I feel like I got it completely under control, and struggle to pull away from it

(for several weeks i've been resisting posting onto astrology forums and sharing myself and my ideas, but now i've spent all of two days focused on it. sign)
Hope this helps! I'll elaborate on the conjunctions as they don't alter the Yod but simply add more dimension to what's going on. They may just be obfuscating the point of the Yod at this time (I also need to wake up early so this also selfishly motivated as well.)

~Erie
this has been super helpful! I see how my present focus in life relates to my yod formation, my desire for power and prestige, to be noble, above board, and to be nurturing through creativity and chill leadership

also some ways i'm struggling to resolve their differences – losing the affirmation I require in pursuit of a long-term dream

thank you so much Erie i'd appreciate any other comments, especially if i've misinterpreted you with my connections to it
Erriiieeee

Post by Erriiieeee »

I'm glad I can be of service. :}

So from what I read of your reply-- it's a green light to continue so let's look at the conjunctions for Jupiter now:
Jupiter/Chiron/South Node: XII Conjunction
First thing to note that the South Node is always opposing the North... so because South Node is part of a conjunction-- Jupiter/Chiron are both opposing the north node as well.

The South Node/North Node should be read as an appendix to the moon since they are "lunar nodes". The North Node is what we lack, and should make conscious efforts in pursuing--when that doesn't work out so well we fall back to our emotional needs, and so we fall back to the imperatives of the South Node. The opposing aspect hints that there is a proclivity to seek others that help balance the scales--projecting what we lack onto others.

Chiron... while a dwarf planet Chiron is very important in a chart because it reveals a spiritual pain we experience that we have to spend arduous efforts in healing within but are more apt to heal others who share similar pains.

So! What does it all mean? Well let me take a swing at this:

The manner you feel buoyant, and expansive which is intrinsically through radiance of your ego, and with nobility is often a fall back that you hold onto when you can't find the daily means of actualizing those feelings. It's often that this universal connection brings crisis because as people we often question our faith in whatever...so the longer the you submerge yourself in the inconsient the more you begin to question whether or not that... belief is actually relevant to your life. I don't know if that makes any sense but the XII house is the house of unconscious... it's veiled in mystery :lol:
Thus I draw from the absurd three consequences,which are my revolt, my freedom, and my passion. By the mere activity of consciousness I transform into a rule of life what was an invitation to death—and I refuse suicide
iauiugu

Post by iauiugu »

Erriiieeee wrote: The manner you feel buoyant, and expansive which is intrinsically through radiance of your ego, and with nobility is often a fall back that you hold onto when you can't find the daily means of actualizing those feelings. It's often that this universal connection brings crisis because as people we often question our faith in whatever...so the longer the you submerge yourself in the inconsient the more you begin to question whether or not that... belief is actually relevant to your life. I don't know if that makes any sense but the XII house is the house of unconscious... it's veiled in mystery :lol:
I do constantly question my beliefs, but feel pretty smugly brilliant when i prove myself for having whatever ones i do. raised roman catholic, mom's japanese roots brought buddhist influences, got into some paganism (wiccan ideas i think) 12 years ago, then went hardcore athiest/rationalist/nihilist etc., now i'm back to pagan ideas P:

I also really struggle in making my vivid dreams of social harmony and co-operation come to fruition, which i always assume must be done by me - that's the aquarius-leo divide? i often fail or forget to ask before doing things, small things often -- taking for granted what would be best for everyone

thanks again for all the analysis! definitely helping making some things clearer to me :)
Poupoupidou2

Post by Poupoupidou2 »

iauiugu wrote:I attached a chart I got from astro with all aspect lines showing, and noticed that I have an aspected grand tine in the earth signs, but also that one apex included the moon, neptune, and uranus

i also have a yod pointing to my moon, with jupiter and mars on the legs

i also noticed some right-angle, closed triangles, but i am not sure what those are.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Right angle closed triangles are t-squares. You can read more about grand trines here and about yods here.