Barely identify with Sun sign characteristics

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Barely identify with Sun sign characteristics

Post by Noel Eastwood »

write2, I can see it, feel it and smell it, that works nicely for the cave of the 12th, for me too. Now to continue to engage with it, don't let up, keep a diary and write every encounter down.
write2live

Post by write2live »

One thing I noticed is Mercury is conjunct my Ascendant. Even though it's in the 12th House, and Venus is in my 1st House, since Mercury is so much closer to the Ascendant, would it be accurate to say Mercury is my rising planet more than Venus is?

I feel like Mercury is telling me that in this life I am a Communicator, but what exactly I need to communicate is a little unclear. I feel like Mercury is shy and nervous in the presence of powerful Neptune who is in his element here. I feel like Mercury is saying that because he is here in the 12th with Neptune and the others that maybe this is partially why I'm so sensitive and can have difficulty communicating easily in straightforward ways. I feel like Mercury in the cave is telling me he is the source of some of my nervous hypersensitivity to others' feelings and unspoken/subconscious things, I have a really strong gut reactions and can easily be overwhelmed by information from different sources. I think Mercury here is telling me he in the 12th may be the source of both my empathy for others and my sincerity in listening but also the source of the mental chatter and muddiness in translation between communication styles of myself and some others. Difficulty making my meanings/intentions understood when they're filtered through the thick ice here. Lack of confidence in expressing myself in early life--struggles to find ways to express myself clearly and confidently. That's Mercury being the one here who wants to be the talker but is scared of the cave and intimidated by Neptune while at the same time being sort of enthralled by him. Like a little brother looking up to his big brother who is more powerful.

Feel like Neptune (who is so conjoined with the Sun that in a lot of respects it almost seems like big radiant Neptune here IS my Sun/essence) is telling me he's the source of some of my biggest strengths and weaknesses (almost feel like Neptune is laughing good-naturedly at me and saying "I AM you"). Unlike Mercury he's totally at home here and seems almost boastful. Clearly the ringleader here even with the Sun. He's telling me here in his home (I think Neptune has always lived in this cave, and for some reason the other planets have come to visit him and he somehow made them stay, or perhaps there was a cave-in and the others are trapped here with him, which is fine with him). He's telling me he's the reason for a lot of my talents, and sensitivity and intuition, that "reading between the lines" ability I have, and he's trying to tell me I ought to trust him more--I often don't trust my own instincts because I don't have "proof" outside of themselves. He's the cause of this big inner world I have that I love but also have trouble sinking too deep into--trouble separating the head world from the real world, or willing myself out of the head world into the real world, trouble connecting the two. I think he's trying to convince Mercury to help with that. He's both my biggest blessing and my biggest curse here in his home with the Sun and Mercury under his control. Gives me my most beloved gifts along with my worst weaknesses, two sides of the same coin I'm not sure I can separate.

I feel like Neptune and I are chummy though. I don't think we used to be. I feel like the Sun for a while was trying not to listen to him even though they're attached at the hip. Like Neptune's trying to yell in the Sun's ear and the Sun is putting his hands over his ears and going "la la la". But I think at some point in the past Mercury convinced Sun tapping him on the shoulder or miming to say "maybe Neptune has something important to say." Now Sun and Neptune are good friends though more often than not Sun simply nods and agrees with Neptune and gives him more energy saying "oh, that's great, tell me more."

I'm not sure how I feel about Saturn and Uranus. Their conjunction feels volatile. Like at times they are agreeing 100% emphatically, but at others they're at each other's throats. I feel like Uranus and Saturn are in a love-hate relationship and are telling me at various turns all the ways they love and hate each other. "He's too reckless, he never thinks things through," Saturn says. "He's too stuffy, he never wants to take risks, he's boring," Uranus says. But then sometimes they apologize to each other. "You were right, that was a stupid decision, that could have ended really badly," Uranus says. "No, you were right, that risk we took really paid off and I'm glad we did it, now we're more secure than before," Saturn says. I feel like in the end it's a positive relationship. Saturn tempers Uranus' flightiness trying to ground it in reality and responsibility while Uranus is constantly challenging Saturn to allow me/us to consider the possibility of changing for the better and not getting stuck in our ways.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

write2, this is basically how you do it, well done. I don't see anything to improve on your meditations at this time. The cave is where many of your lessons are at, working with the archetypes is how you are going to sort their messiness out.

Yes, Mercury is important, he is conjunct your Asc and is the messenger of the Gods. But he is also very powerful and can advise you and the others. Neptune, well you've worked him out, he lives there so is in his 'power house' so to speak. He has strength in his cave and wants you to use his gifts. Sun, well he is your confidence and connection with reality so get to know him well. Neptune may want more of your time but you need to negotiate with the archetypes, explain that what they are doing is impacting on your thinking and connecting with the world. Ask them to ease up, etc.

The archetypes want the best things for you, they really do, but they sometimes need guidance because they can get a bit carried away, especially since you have only just arrived and they've had to sort out how to survive without you for so long, they've developed bad habits you could say.

So keep doing. This is early days, wait until you have been doing this for 5 years, then you can tell me how cool the 12th House cave is and how you have learned to use Neptune's gifts. Keep me informed, as I said, this is still very early days, an introduction only. They want you to visit and listen to them, negotiate with them, help them get on better with each other...
write2live

Post by write2live »

I'll keep on it and share anything else that comes out of it.

Curious if you see anything worth mentioning outside of that 12th House stellium. Do I have any aspects that are particularly worth looking at that we haven't talked about? I'm interested in your thoughts on the positions of my Venus, Mars and Pluto.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

there certainly are, your 12th house is central to understanding who you are and why, but there are other planets, signs and aspects that will help flesh that core understanding out. But in time, do the foundation work first, then we'll get on to these others.
Sharmila

Post by Sharmila »

Hi

I am not expert in Horoscope because now only I learning how to write the Horoscope by date of birth using Thirukanidham Panchagam in Tamil.
I am Sharmila Rajasekar interest in Tamil Jothidam, so researching on that. I Write Horoscope in the calculation using Thirukanidham Panchagam. I also Properties of Jadhagam Free Website, it's complete Free Horoscope and Pay Website Online Horoscope
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

write2live wrote:Hi all! I'd love any insight from my birth chart in general. I was born a Capricorn, but don't often feel very close to the description. I feel like I identify more with Pisces or Cancer. I am definitely stubborn and crave stability, but I'm also very emotional, wear my heart on my sleeve, and often lack direction. Just wondering what any of you can see in my chart!

Birth Info:
- Male
- December 29, 1987
- 8:33 a.m.
- Corry, Pennsylvania, US.

Thanks for whatever you can find!
Write2live,

It is Neptune's close conjunction to your Sun that causes you to feel the way you do and identify more with water signs. Astrology is primarily about planets and when the Sun, Moon, or Ascendant has such a close aspect with a planet very often the typical qualities associated with the sign become secondary to the luminary-planetary energies.

This is what the Magi Society calls a 'planetary eclipse' since Sun and Neptune are not only conjunct, but are parallel in declination. This brings the qualities of Neptune forward. Sun at 23° south declination and Neptune at 22° is parallel Asc in Capricorn (if that is an accurate figure), accounting for both stubbornness and even greater emphasis on Neptune qualities.

In addition, your Moon in Taurus is also in aspect (by trine) to Neptune.
Soul Stars Astrology by the declinations guy
expert birth chart rectification
https://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/