Can anyone help me? Persistent back pain.

This area is for personal readings only.
Please ask only one question at a time in one thread. In this way, all Topics can be kept in their proper order.

Moderators: Buddy, Hamid

Starcrossed

Re: Can anyone help me? Persistent back pain.

Post by Starcrossed »

Phew! I am suffering from a winter cold right now and really thought I was not seeing things straight :D Thanks for making the corrections. It is an easy mistake to make with the keyboards.
Pem

Post by Pem »

Hello Starcrossed
1. Most of the complaints have been during the Sade Sati period caused by malefic Saturn over a fallen Moon(lord of lagna)
The peak would have been in the past 2/3 years with Saturn hovering over Scorpio and now in Sagittarius - coming out of
the most difficult period.
2. The other functional malefic causing harm to muscles and bones ( Mars & Sun) is ruled by Venus - MD Lord in the background.
So intermittently during the sub periods you will face ups and downs according to the qualities of the planets ruling.

Appeasing the following functional malefics: Venus, Saturn, Mercury, Jupiter,Rahu and Ketu
Strengthening the following benefics(friends of ASC) : Moon, Mars, Sun

are recommended by spiritual remedial measures to alleviate suffering.

Hope this helps
Regards
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
http://www.astrologersforum.com/forum/v ... =66&t=2870
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
Starcrossed

Post by Starcrossed »

Much appreciated Pem. I'm surprised with the event of me coming out of the most difficult period doesn't offer me relief from this pain. Does this mean I'm stuck with it all throughout my Venus dasha?

Do you think physiotherapy would bring relief? More importantly how does one appease and strengthen those planets?
Pem

Post by Pem »

Hello Starcrossed
I know how cold Canada is and having a bed warmer for sleep will be helpful. Also,
Wearing a belt with magnets (see google) can be helpful to some during day.

Avoid wearing blacks, dark blues, pinks, yellows; but wearing pure pearl necklace
can strengthen Moon, wearing orange and red to help Sun and Mars stronger vibrations.

For appeasing you need to set up an altar with pics of the 9 deities for daily worship in quiet place, with
lighting of a tealight and daily praying, using the classic Mantras I have given. Pls take a look
and see if you can do them - even One mantra to each of them daily. Do you think you can do them ?

Yes when Venus is enemy/malefic - she can be tough - and the harsh effects can only be reduced from 80pc to 20pc -
and will be slightly felt, with spiritual remedies. Yes MD of Venus is in background as I only have experienced venus' sub period effects yet.
When benefic sub periods operate they will take control, and equally when malefics take control they give adverse effects. But some benefics
are controlled by malefic Venus e.g. Sun & Mars - so strengthen them with meditation; and likewise calm the malefics by appeasing them.

Should be done in real faith.
Regards
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
Pem

Post by Pem »

Yes, physiotherapy is recommended without over doing exercises and gradually building up.
No weights - only using body weight and use of one s limbs type of exercises. Therapist must
only give light specific exercises on assessment, and something that does not cause other problems.
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
Starcrossed

Post by Starcrossed »

Dear Pem, thank you for the wealth of information. Some actions I can take right away, such as the pearl, clothing and magnetic belt (I have a habit of wearing dark colours daily) but the others may be a learning curve. And you are right about the cold here in Canada. I tend to preheat my bed with an electric blanket before jumping in.

I hope you don't mind me asking but is there a simple mantra I can say for all of them if what you have suggested above is not possible? Can these be done without an alter? Can it be done displaying only deities of Venus, Sun and Mars?

I do hope the subsequent sub-periods are benefic for me to give me some respite.
Kadhu

Post by Kadhu »

Dear Starcrossed,

Surely prayers, appeasement of the deities can help.

Please allow me make one suggestion. I have seen numerous people benefit and get rid of their back pain in only a few weeks of practice.
Try and learn Surya Kriya from a renowned source and practice it at least 3 times a day. Will work wonders. Initially, it will be hard given your back pain. But if you can persist and continue, you will be free in a few weeks. It also has a lot of spiritual benefits. Please note, it is Surya Kriya and not Surya Namaskar. Surya Kriya is a 21 step Hatha Yoga practice which involves subtle breathing aspects to it. If you can, learn it. If you still live in Montreal, there are teachers in Montreal who teach this. It may cost you <$100 to learn.

Please search for Isha Surya Kriya teachers in Montreal if you wish. Isha foundation teachers teach this particular Kriya in most parts of the world. I do not live in Canada and or I am affiliated with them in any way except being a beneficiary of Yoga learnt from them for over 10 years now. The other benefit would be you healing :) And I wish you good luck

Also note Surya Kriya is a Hatha Yoga practice. It can be learnt from other sources too. My preference is Isha. You can choose anyone you want to if you wish to learn.

Kadhu
Starcrossed

Post by Starcrossed »

Hello Kadhu. I am so happy to read this recommendation. Is this by chance the yoga that is promoted by Sadhguru? I started following him 2 years ago and just fell in love with his philosophies and even googled if he had a centre nearby. Unfortunately I don't have one near me or anyone who teaches it. I do not live in Montreal now but I live in a city near Toronto, Ontario. However, there is someone nearby that teaches Sudarshan Kriya and I'm wondering if that is similar. Also another one that teaches Sahaja Yoga. Thanks again for the suggestion and I hope to hear your opinion on these other forms of yoga.
Kadhu

Post by Kadhu »

Starcrossed,

Yes, this is promoted by Sadhguru. If you are close to Toronto, there are teachers who teach Surya Kriya in Toronto.

http://www.ishayoga.org/hata/teachertra ... php?id=108

Follow the above link and contact the teacher for Surya Kriya classes. I am glad you follow Sadhguru

Sudharsh Kriya is the flag ship program of Art of Living by Sri Sri Ravishankar. It's a yogic practice for general well being. Just like this, Shambhavi Kriya or Inner Engineering is the flagship program of Isha foundation. Again this is a simple 21 min practice for general well being. Both programs are equally potent and follow similar styles to get started in Yoga. Both are introductory level programs.

My dad practices Sudarshan Kriya and I stared with Shambhavi long time ago. I personally liked Sadhguru's way and followed him. But both Isha and Art of living are different paths to the same destination.

I would recommend you to learn Surya Kriya for now to treat your back problems and then choose an introductory program and move forward. Sudarshan Kriya, Shambhavi Kriya, Sahaja Yoga are all good. But now your current problem is back pain. Surya Kriya is the medicine for it. Once you are fit and roaring, you can explore as much as you want :)

Good Luck
Starcrossed

Post by Starcrossed »

I really appreciate the follow up! I noticed that Toronto had access to teachers when I did the search also but it is still too far from my location to make it a consistent effort. My other option is to follow online tutorials and hopefully it is a good enough start and I can get a feel for what resonates with me. I hope I will be fit and roaring :D soon and as enthusiastic about this practice as you are. Thank you again for the guidance and wishing you many blessings!