The Diamond Pattern

All, including 'abstract' aspects. Aspect patterns when well understood can give interesting insights not only into inherent dynamics but the ways in which an individual may develop.
BIGRAVEN13
Senior

The Diamond Pattern

Post by BIGRAVEN13 »

The Diamond pattern, of a "T Square" with three sextiles/two trines opposite, is of particular interest to me. I have one in my own chart and have begun to make a study of them in other charts. Does anyone else have anything to offer in regard to the Diamond? It seems to me that the full potential of mine developed slowly finding some level of maturity from my 40s onwards. What do others think? I have some ideas about why this might be so which I will put up for discussion if anyone's interested,
"Free will is the ability to do gladly that which one must do" C G Jung
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Diamond Pattern

Post by admin »

I was hoping you would go into that particular aspect pattern. Just need to find the diagram again.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
BIGRAVEN13
Senior

Post by BIGRAVEN13 »

Its in Solar fire if you work out how to use the aspect filters it quite a lot of fun applying it to sundry charts. Will see if I can email mine in filtered form so you can see it.

It was years before I worked out that I had one. Maybe I couldn't see it until it was working well enough?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmmm...'aspect filters' ...gulp. Will have a go. I LOVE patterns!

Almost got it in SF. Decided it was easier to actually draw it up myself. Will do on 'Paint' and (eh..hmmm) attempt to post it.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

diamondone1.GIF
diamondone1.GIF (7.94 KiB) Viewed 7174 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Note also that there is a Yod within the Diamond pattern:
diamond2.GIF
diamond2.GIF (9.06 KiB) Viewed 7170 times
BIGRAVEN13
Senior

Post by BIGRAVEN13 »

The yod that you mention in the diamond pattern is to me very important. without it all the energy that develops amongst the trines and sextiles can only get to the point of the triangle via the T-square, a difficult matter. On the other hand if the energies accumulating there, and often given some additional emphasis by the attempt to work through one or both of the squares, can be eventually focussed through the yod the intensity of the squares may find a more workable expression, albeit not so directly via the quincunxes taht form the yod.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Interesting perhaps that the Diamond consists of 3 'full circles', or 'cycles': The Yod (2x150+60=360); the T Sq. (2x90+180=360); and the 2 trines and remaining 2 sextiles (2x120+2x60=360).

This is not an 'harmonic' in the usual sense of course. However, Addey in his classic work "Harmonics" says of this no. that "...it represents form as opposed to matter and it is the formal principle of a thing which makes it what it is and imparts to it its special qualities. Without going into the esoteric complexities of the inner constitution of Man, we can say in very general terms that every individual...has a formative principle which is the source of his own unique existence and characteristics. ...noticing (here) that (this is relevant to health but not that of the body)."

Basically the 3 cycles are complete within and of themselves. The Yod, the T Square, and (don't know what to 'name') the remaining trines and sextiles as a separate 'entity'. (?) Another source (Tarot) suggests that the no. 3 is 'a response to unconscious memory resulting in a unity (or union) of the conscious and unconscious'.

It does seem to suggest a 'looping' or 'spiraling' cycle of constant growth and awareness with regard to the planets and houses involved...which is probably obvious.
Crabbers

Post by Crabbers »

My observation is that the central planet in the T square is the key since it is difficulties that we notice in our makeup more so than strengths. The sextiles provide opportunities to resolve the T square along with the abilities indicated by the trines.The Middle planet in the T square is at a mid point such that it is very powerfully enabled by challenges and resolutions.