Harmonic charts

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

Crabbers

Harmonic charts

Post by Crabbers »

My Solar Fire program generates harmonic charts from birth charts and I understand the principle such that the 11th harmonic shows by conjunction those planets that are 360/11 degrees from each other. An explanation of each harmonic is given by http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/harmonics.htm - BUT what I want to know is how the generated harmonic chart is read for strengths and weaknesses - apart from the obvious identifying of aspects by conjunction. Are sextiles read as sextiles in a normal birth chart and what about house placements (Solar Fire uses an equal house system).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Harmonic charts

Post by admin »

Hi Crabbers and welcome.

Harmonic charts are difficult to read and apply - at least, that's what I found when I first studied the matter many years ago (and pre-computer so set them all up 'by hand' so to speak). I set up hundreds of them using different harmonics but kept getting stuck when it came to trying to interpret the whole. Part of the problem with regard to reading such was that I found it difficult NOT to attempt to read them in the same way as a birth chart. One has to try to remember to interpret such purely from the 'number' chosen, ie. holding it's 'meaning' in one's head as one interprets the whole of that harmonic chart.

Thanks for that link. It's quite helpful, not least of all because it summarizes the essence of the 'Numbers'. I would recommend: "Harmonics in Astrology - An Introductory Textbook to the New Understanding of an Old Science' by John M. Addey, M.A. Publisher: Cambridge Circle Limited, 1978/79. Addey was a forerunner in this field. (May I ask why you have chosen the '11th' harmonic ?).

I use the Solar Fire program, and have done so for several years. It is excellent, in my opinion, but...oh gosh it's range is massive and I still have much to learn therein.

You have refuelled my interest in the matter of harmonics with these questions and I'll be looking further.

Good Luck on your journey into this realm and I hope you will tell us of your discoveries and understandings about this field.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Crabbers

Post by Crabbers »

Gidday Admin

Yes I should get a better understanding of harmonics - next time I'm in the Big Smoke I'll get Addey's book. Recently I did my daughter's chart indications for next year and this led me circuitously to harmonics and her 9th harmonic which rang true to her understanding.

My interest in the 11th is that it seems to be my harmonic (see attached). The aspect analysis on reports for birth charts in Solar Fire has me with 13 undeciles c.f. the statistical average of 7.5. I guess that's why I've spent the last two years writing my three essays on Truth and Wisdom (while working as house husband, gardener and community worker since I'm retired), which none of my friends can be bothered with since they are not astrologers - even though I bore them with the details over a few reds! (The first one actually got published in the Astrological Journal of Great Britain.) If your interested in have a read they are on my website under articles http://etherinform.com/sept2013_003.htm - lots of good references!

Regards, Crabbers
Attachments
11th harmonic.jpg
11th harmonic.jpg (247.92 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gidday Crabbers, (grin)

I found your website fascinating and very exciting (to say the least). Of course I haven't had time to go through the whole of it but certainly will proceed.

I'll look more at this 11th Harmonic chart, of course.

Meanwhile you might like to scroll down the main forum here to 'Mersennes' Macrocosm' which I think you might enjoy given your interests ? (And here: viewforum.php?f=35).

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]