Barely identify with Sun sign characteristics

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
write2live

Barely identify with Sun sign characteristics

Post by write2live »

Hi all! I'd love any insight from my birth chart in general. I was born a Capricorn, but don't often feel very close to the description. I feel like I identify more with Pisces or Cancer. I am definitely stubborn and crave stability, but I'm also very emotional, wear my heart on my sleeve, and often lack direction. Just wondering what any of you can see in my chart!

Birth Info:
- Male
- December 29, 1987
- 8:33 a.m.
- Corry, Pennsylvania, US.

Thanks for whatever you can find!
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Barely identify with Sun sign characteristics

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi write2, can you pls create your chart and attach it to your next post? Thanks, it just makes less work for us volunteers.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

write2, I have a little time so I've done it for you, the site you went to expired your pic.

OK, first tell me what you see :)
Attachments
SFPage.jpg
SFPage.jpg (200.49 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
write2live

Post by write2live »

Sorry about that! I didn't realize it was a temporary thing with that site.

Hmm. Well that 12th-house Capricorn stellium of Sun, Mercury, Neptune conjunct each other (and Uranus also conjunct Sun I think, but not conjunct the others?) is notable. And Saturn/Uranus conjunct in the 12th House Sagittarius, also that conjunct is opposite Chiron in 6th House Gemini. Looks like 1st House Aquarius Venus is square 9th House Scorpio Pluto, which itself is opposite 3rd House Taurus Moon. Speaking of the moon it also looks like the moon is trine Sun, Mercury, Neptune and Pallas. Oh and looks like Mercury conjunct Ascendant and Pluto Conjunct Midheaven...

I'm still pretty new at interpreting. Though that 12th House stellium would have a lot of people running. I don't think it's such a bad thing (anymore). I had a tough early life in that I was very shy and timid about asserting myself at all or displaying my true colors to people. Also I had communication problems. I had a terrible stutter. Thanks 12th House Mercury, I guess. (Also took me a long time to come out as gay due to at-the-time unsupportive family) Also it just took me a long time to sort of form my idea of my self, I had a tendency to absorb people's expectations of who I was/was supposed to be and reflect that instead of being my "alone" self around other people. Still have trouble with that but I'm more assertive now.I guess that could be a sun in the 12th thing. I'm also very emotionally attuned and tend to feel things deeply and wear my heart on my sleeve with very little control over my emotions or reactions to them. I would think that's a Moon thing...

Then there's that Neptune/Sun/Mercury conjunct. I'm a writer (poetry/fiction, with journalism as my "day" job) and a musician as a hobby (singing, a couple instruments). In fact it was a difficult choice whether to pursue music or writing as a career as music is such a foundational integral part of my life. I don't just listen to music, I experience it and live it at a deep level. It's very easy for music to completely overcome me & wash me away in what I call the "music coma" in which I can become almost catatonic just absorbing music for many hours and it can sometimes actually be a problem. I also suffer from a lot of mental fog and confusion or "chatter" and I know from experience that I'm pretty in tune with the supernatural. I attribute a lot of this to the strong Neptune and its connection with Mercury and also both of their trine to Moon.

I'm not really sure what to make of the Saturn/Uranus conjunct or its opposite to Chiron, or what that T-square between the Pluto-Moon opposition squared by Venus might mean. Also looks like a T between Chiron-Saturn/Uranus opp. squared by the Node....
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

write2, you've got it down pat, nice interpretation. I'd say nearly all of your shyness, music, writing, etc is that loaded 12th House. The Moon opp Pluto is one of fear, fear of mother, older women, perhaps some bullying too in the past. This might call for some counselling, so just remember that as an option if things get a bit out of hand at some stage in your life.

It's also a very heavy Earth chart, so a solid foundations is essential for you before you start anything, but as you also have those loaded Water houses you're an honourary Pisces too. As you experience life you 'feel' everything.

The T-squares - (Moon, Pluto, Venus) suggests relationships issues, challenges, and this may also be helped by some counselling. The other T-Square, Chiron, Uranus/Saturn, North Node is one that suggests difficulties in career, as in deciding where to put your energy. You've said you write and sing and play musical instruments, it is a juggling act for you but one that is actually aligned with who you are.

What you described is very accurate to what I see in your chart too, so 'well done'. Now tell me more about your Moon, then we can look at your Sun later.
write2live

Post by write2live »

More about my moon? Well...it looks to me like it is also Trine Saturn, square Vesta and opposite Midheaven in addition to the stuff we saw before...
I looked up Moon Trine Saturn and found stuff about me supposedly being serious and disciplined and frugal but I'm not really any of those things...serious about some things (music and art) and I suppose I'm disciplined when it comes to the things I enjoy doing...but I don't really think of it as disciplined because it's enjoyable...terribly undisciplined at things I don't like (which is a lot). Not sure what square to Vesta could mean. I guess Moon being opposite Midheaven could mean that I don't feel very strongly about attaining fame or status but maybe rather just want to be comfy at home with people I like? That is a little true, it's more natural for me to just be laidback but that doesn't mean I don't have ambitions...

Also Moon is in Taurus, earth sign that is I guess "earthy", dependable/stubborn, stable/stability-seeking, home-family oriented I think. So that would mean maybe that I crave stability and earthy comforts and am home-family oriented. And am kind of oriented toward physical/earthy pleasures, maybe good food and comfy home...tangible stuff. Might also explain why I don't always like surprises...like I hate it when people drop in unexpectedly without warning, maybe I like predictability to an extent?

And moon is in third house, house of communications, right? To be honest I don't know a lot about what the third house means. I know it's ruled by Mercury and is related to how I think/my thought processes, I believe. Would Moon there mean that my thought processes are more governed by my feelings/emotions than logic perhaps?

Being trine Sun I think would mean that my emotions and my self/ego what have you are sort of at balance and harmony...

Looking more it looks like it's Trine Pallas too, I'm not sure what that means, since I haven't read much about Pallas' meaning in the chart...

Oh and I just remembered reading somewhere that Moon is exalted at 3 degrees in Taurus, so it looks like I have an exalted Moon! Not really sure what that means, other than maybe the Moon qualities are just enhanced for me?

I did discover that the Moon was a waxing gibbous when I was born, but I don't know what that means (if anything).
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

nice work, you certainly have some knowledge of astrology and you know how to find out more. Moon in the 3rd is usually associated with study, school and the conscious mind. In other words small niggly things annoy you, sometimes you stress and can't get it out of your head. The 3rd house is sometimes inclined to worry, add Moon which is emotions and... but fortunately you have a solid, no nonsence Taurus Moon, down to earth, so you manage well.

The opposition to Pluto is the worry and I'd be looking more towards being bullied and intimidated by others, that could be the trigger to start the 3rd house worry and stress. Pallas of course is a string female archetype and indicates you have strength of character which enhances your Taurus lunar nature.
write2live

Post by write2live »

Thanks Noel! I feel I still have a lot to learn though.

Any idea what Vesta in Leo in the 7th might indicate? (And it's square to moon?) Also I'm not sure what that symbol in Virgo is.

You mentioned talking about my Sun...let me know if you have anything to add or if I missed something, but basically it seems being in the 12th House would bring problems of identify formation and shyness early in life like we said before. Being in Capricorn you would think this sun would mean I'm extremely goal-oriented and career-focused and a determined, hard worker with a lot of focus and drive, and maybe serious. And I guess it's a very action-oriented sign. My problem is yes I can be serious about certain things but lack the drive/discipine/focus they say Capricorn has and I have the hardest time seeing things through to the end.

Could all that just be because it's in the 12th House?
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

We won't bother with Vesta or the other asteroids just yet, they can just make the reading confusing. We'll get to them in time.

OK, the 'where', the 12th House is a Water house, earth plus water equals mud. Sometimes too much water leads to inertia, lack of motivation, confusion and just muddy water. It's hard to see clearly when you sit inside a muddy glass of water.

So your loaded 12th house says more about you than you know, why? because we use our 3rd house to know things about our world and to bring them into consciousness. But it's ruler, Mercury, sits in the cave of that 12th House along with your Sun.

Now you have some work to do for me, I want you to visit your 12th House. I see mine as a cave, by the beach, inside are my planets (I've only got the one though.

You can imagine that they might be sitting around, maybe playing chess or cooking up rice for dinner... have a chat with them, see what they have to say about their role in your psyche.

You might want to get my ebook on working with the archetypes, go to my link below, it's free to subscribe to my newsletter too.
write2live

Post by write2live »

This is a tough exercise. I like the cave by the beach idea for the 12th house. I am thinking of mine as a glacier ice cave with a dirt floor and a stream going through it. It's cold but there is a nice blue light and the planets are like eskimos sitting around a fire cooking fish for lunch.

The Sun and Neptune are sitting close together on one side of the fire, with Saturn and Uranus sitting close together on another side, with Mercury a little by himself near Sun and Neptune. Sun and Neptune are chatting, Uranus and Saturn are chatting and Mercury is listening in on all of them and loudly adding his own comments. The other pairs sometimes look at him as if they want him to be quiet.

I know the Sun, Neptune and Mercury are all conjunct each other, but since Sun and Neptune are so much closer conjunct than Mercury is to them, I think of Sun and Neptune as being more of a pair with Mercury hanging out with them than necessarily all of them being equally close.

I known Sun is supposed to be self/ego, extremely important etc., but I can't help feel like Neptune is stealing the show here. Like Sun is still there but is so wrapped up in/clouded by Neptune that Neptune is radiant. I feel he's in his element here and Sun and Mercury are kind of uncomfortable with the situation. Like they both want to find a way out of the cave but Neptune is cool staying in here or better yet going deeper in the water. I feel like Neptune is trying to communicate something important from the depths but it's confused and Mercury is trying to translate without being completely clouded/overshadowed/confused himself.

Meanwhile Saturn and Uranus are arguing with each other/coming up with plans for what my personal laws/rules should be and how I should express them in my life. They are having a hard time agreeing I think.